Non-Immigrant Visas

Specialty Occupation (H-1B Visa)

Foreign Nationals who will be employed temporarily in a "specialty occupation" (one which typically requires a bachelor's degree). 

Extraordinary Ability Visa (O-1 Visa)

Foreign nationals who have demonstrated extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics may qualify for an O-1 visa.  It is also available to those who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in the motion picture and television industry. USCIS interprets the statute broadly to encompass most fields of creative endeavor. 

Intracompany Transfer (L-1 Visa)

Multinational companies employing foreign nationals may transfer high-level and essential employees from their international offices to the United States. The foreign national would work at the affiliate or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge position.

Trade NAFTA (TN Visa)

Qualifying Foreign Nationals from Canada and Mexico may apply for a TN work visa. To qualify, you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer to work in a professional occupation listed on the NAFTA treaty list. 

Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor (E-1/E-2 Visa)

Foreign Nationals of qualifying Treaty countries who have made a significant investment in the U.S. or who undertake a significant amount of international trade with the U.S. may qualify for the E visa.

Religious Worker (R-1 Visa)

Religious workers and ministers whose services are required by their nonprofit religious organization

Immigrant Visas


  • Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • Outstanding professors or researchers.
  • Multinational executives and managers.


  • Foreign nationals who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees
  • Persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.
  • National Interest Waivers


Foreign nationals who are professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.


Special Immigrants.

  • Certain religious workers
  • Employees of U.S. foreign service posts
  • Retired employees of international organizations
  • Alien minors who are wards of courts in the United States, and other classes of aliens.

Labor Certification (PERM)

Some employment-based applications require you to go through a process called Program Review Electronic Management (PERM). This is a procedure by which the U.S. Department of Labor certifies there is a lack of qualified U.S. workers in your job category.