Naturalization is a process that allows Foreign Nationals to obtain citizenship in the United States. Applicants must have been a lawful permanent resident for five years (or three years for spouses of United States Citizens).

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a form of administrative relief from deportation. DACA is available to eligible immigrant youth who came to the U.S. when they were children. DACA also allows an individual to obtain work permission.

Victim of Crime (U Visa)

Foreign Nationals who are victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity may qualify for a U Visa.

Visitor (B1/B2 Visa)

Foreign Nationals desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business, pleasure or medical treatment may qualify for a Visitor Visa.

Green Card Renewal

Lawful permanent residents whose green card is about to expire within six months should apply to renew their green card. 

Requests for Evidence

Law Offices of T. S. Patel can help prepare a responses to even the most complex Request for Evidence.  USCIS may issue a Request For Evidence  when an application or petition lacks necessary documentation or evidence to make a final determination regarding the immigration benefit requested. 

FOIA Requests

Persons wishing to see what information and documents U.S. immigration officials have collected on them may submit a FOIA request to obtain a copy of their relevant immigration file. 

Re-entry Permits

Green Card Holders who plan on travelng abroad for extended periods of stay should apply for a reentry permit prior to departure.  A reentry permit establishes that you did not intend to abandon status, and allows you to apply for admission to the United States after traveling abroad for up to 2 years without having to obtain a returning resident visa. 

Employment Authorization Documents (EAD)

An employment authorization document (EAD card), known popularly as a work permit, provides temporary employment authorization to Foreign Nationals in the United States.